The DMCA encourages all clerks to continually increase their knowledge and skills and regularly offers educations sessions to its members. The DMCA is associated with the following organizations that provide educational opportunities for clerks:
International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC)
- Provides accreditation as a Certified Municipal Clerk (CMC) or Master Municipal Clerk (MMC) based on education and experience.
- Offers publications and online resources.
- Hosts annual conferences.
University of Delaware’s Institute of Public Administration (IPA)
- Directs the Municipal Clerks Certificate Training program for educational credit towards certification as a CMC or MMC.
- Offers classes on various topics for local government staff and elected officials.