Established in 1992, the Delaware Municipal Clerks Association (DMCA) serves those who are charged with the duties of a Municipal Clerk regardless of title.
The purpose of the DMCA is to promote professional development through continuing education and networking opportunities so its members can use their abilities, talents, and strengths in the proficient and effective delivery of local government services. The DMCA supports these goals by:
- Cultivating and promoting a better understanding of the functions and responsibilities of the clerk.
- Gathering and disseminating information to improve the procedures and professional image of the clerk.
- Promoting cooperation among clerks through the exchange of ideas, information, and experiences.
- Offering professional development opportunities for clerks.
- Promoting periodic conferences and meetings of clerks for discussion of problems and to find solutions.