The purpose of this organization shall be to promote professional development through continuing education and networking opportunities of its members to use their abilities, talents and strengths in the proficient and effective delivery of local government services; and to promote the purposes defined in the constitution of the International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC), and by:
- Promoting cooperation among Municipals through DMCA, through the interchange of experiences and methods of conducting their offices, to the end that eac may profit from the experiences of others; and
- Cultivating and promoting a better understanding of the functions and responsibilities of the clerk; and
- Gathering and disseminating information to improve the procedures and professional image of the clerk; and
- Offering professional development opportunities for clerks; and
- Promoting periodic conferences or meetings of Municipal Clerks through the DMCA and IIMC for discussion of problems, and by research to find solutions for same.